for your surgery...
Any special lab works or x-rays necessary for your procedure will be arranged
by your physician prior to the date of your surgery.
If you have an infection, fever or noticeable change in your health since your
last office visit, please inform your doctor.
DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT unless your doctor instructs you
otherwise. (This includes candy, water, coffee, chewing gum, etc.) If you eat
or drink anything, your surgery may be cancelled or rescheduled. Routine medications
authorized by your physician may be taken with a small sip of water. Follow all
specific instructions given by your physician.
An adult or family member must accompany you to and from the Surgery Center.
YOU MAY NOT DRIVE AFTER SURGERY.
• Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to get into after your surgery.
• All valuables should be left at home.
• Contact lenses may not be worn during surgery, please bring your lens
• Young children may bring a favorite toy or blanket.
• Remove all make-up and jewelry.
Your condition will be closely monitored by staff professionals. When you are
fully awake and able to move about, your family will be able to join you. You
will remain in Recovery until your physician or anesthesiologist feels you
are able to be discharged.
Specific instructions prepared by your physician will be sent home with you.
FOR 24 HOURS AFTER SURGERY
• DO NOT drive or operate any heavy machinery
• DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages
Closely follow your doctor’s instructions about recovery. If you have
any questions about your surgery or recovery time, please call your physician
details. We will call you at home the next day to ensure you are feeling and